Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Noticed!

A friend who I haven't seen in quite some time dropped by unexpectedly this afternoon. One of the first things she asked was, "are you losing weight?"

My SO readily admitted it. I was reluctant, and finally said I'd lost about 11 pounds. We went outside, and we showed her our recently-added vegetable garden.

"You keep eating this stuff," my friend said, "and you'll lose lots of weight."

I have mixed feelings about being noticed. On the one hand, I'm pleased. On the other hand, now I'm worried my friend will start asking me about it all the time. If I fail at my efforts, then the asking will feel like nagging.

1 comment:

FatBlokeThin said...

Hi OinkStop,

I find telling people I am dieting is a powerful motivation to keep going. Use the knowledge (that they know you are dieting) positively to keep you on the straight and narrow.

I think having a (non-weight related) goal helps a lot as well - share this with others as well so people keep reminding you of why you are doing it!

Best of luck and keep going.