Thursday, May 31, 2007

If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say...

...don't say anything at all.

Okay, that's my post for today.

Ha!

I have to admit, that's definitely how I'm feeling this morning. I woke up hungry, grumpy and tired, and I have a breakfast meeting coming up in an hour so I have to wait for breakfast. Calories are in such short supply around here that I can't really afford to eat when I'm not scheduled to do so.

I've gotten used to being hungry, and the growling in my stomach. I don't like it, but I can live with it. Usually distracting myself or taking a big drink of water is enough to at least reduce the problem. What I am struggling with are the crashes. One minute I'm doing fine, and the next minute I feel like I'm starving and all I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry.

I'm eating in the range of 1,200-1,500 calories, so I shouldn't be this hungry. I think the problem is that my body is still hanging on to the idea that I'm going to shovel food down my mouth just any old time. I'm sure this will get better, and I suspect a lot of this is mostly psychological. As soon as you decide you can't do something, you want it all the more.

Breakfast will be worth waiting for. We are having bagels, cream cheese and lox.

1 comment:

Naturally Blessed said...

i agree completely with you here...i believe it is psychology...its a mind thing you have to push through.

i got off work yesterday and i was pretty hungry...not starved but well on my way. i got home with the mind that i was gonna eat a snack...i was out of bread but had plenty hamburger buns, so i swiped some peanut butter on a bun and ate that while i walked the dog....i was still pretty hungry…then i ate some peanut butter crackers....still felt hungry...then i popped some popcorn...now these 3 snacks should have had me set for a couple of hours at least...but when i left my house to go to LR's for dinner, i noticed i was STILL hungry…in retrospect, i should have stopped after the first snack...realized it was probably psychological and distract myself someway...but i didnt realize it them....

i hope that psychologically i catch up soon....i can not afford too many snack binges such as that.....