Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May Day Weight Loss Challenge Weigh-In #2

Well today marks week two of the May Day Weight Loss Challenge. I'm happy to report that my weight this morning was 245.6, down 0.8 lbs since last week. I've lost a total of 11.4 lbs since I started my diet, and 4.2 lbs since I started the challenge.

While my 0.8 lb loss is not a stunning drop, it's progress in the right direction, especially since I attended several parties during the week, including a Hawaiian luau where I consumed (gasp) two Mai Tais.

Boy, they were good, too! I didn't regret a sip, though I noticed the bartender was extra-generous with the rum. Wee!

Uh oh. Now I feel the disapproving stares from all the non-drinkers out there in the blogosphere. Sorry if I offended anyone. Heh*.

The nicest part of the luau was that my family members who were there didn't know I'm on a diet. Therefore, I didn't get the usual disapproving looks when I decided to indulge myself. My mother decided to join me in the Mai Tais, and we ended up doing a fair amount of giggling together. Had she known I am on a diet, I expect she would have been asking me, "Should you be drinking this?"

(My answer would have been, "No, but I'm going to anyway.")

Overall, I'm pleased with my progress, and I've definitely managed to ditch the lousy mood I was in yesterday.

I'm still waiting for, but haven't noticed, changes in my body, the way I feel or the way my clothes fit. Everything still feels more or less the same. The only thing I have noticed is that my bed seems more comfortable than before. I used to wake up every morning with a dreadfully sore back, and I had to get out of bed quickly because I hurt so much. Sleeping in on a Saturday morning was definitely not an option. My bed has mysteriously become more comfortable, and I see that as both a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that I won't be tempted to spend money I don't have on a new mattress, but the bad thing is that it makes it harder to be motivated to get out of bed during the week. Let's face it, I'm an inherently lazy person, and a comfy bed gives me one more excuse not to do what I'm supposed to be doing.

---
* Truth be told, I'm not a very big drinker. I'll be the first one to admit that I love my adult beverages, but I don't consume them very often because of the expense and empty calories. It's a good thing that alcohol is expensive, because if it weren't, I'd be even chubbier and I'd look even more like Homer Simpson than I already do. "Mmmmmm, beer," is pretty much how I feel about the stuff, too.

3 comments:

Denise said...

You will be successful.

katmaxx said...

I enjoyed this post. That Homer comment cracked me up.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are a riot! I also enjoyed your "No weight loss groups for me" post. You sound a lot like my older sister. (Only 18 months older!) Keep up the good work and enjoy a Mai Tai now and then.