Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May Day Weight Loss Challenge Weigh-In #1

Well today marks the first May Day Weight Loss Challenge Weigh-In. This is a weight loss challenge that runs from May 8, 2007 until September 18, 2007.

So far, as part of the challenge, I've lost 3.4 lbs. Since the beginning of my diet (April 25) I've lost a total of 10.6 lbs. I weigh 246.4 lbs.

Although I'm certainly happy about the numbers on the scale changing, I have to admit that I haven't really noticed any change in how my clothes fit or how my body feels. I don't feel any slimmer, and people haven't commented. I suspect that people won't start noticing for a long time, because I'm obese, not just overweight. It's much harder to notice someone is getting smaller when they have a big bulgy stomach, thunder thighs, and a butt that goes on forever. I think people tend to avoid looking at me too closely, because fat just isn't attractive.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Congratulations.

It does take a little while till you see it in your clothes, and it is hard to see the change in yourself. I had lost 50 pounds 7 yrs ago and unfortunately gained it back. But while I lost the weight I found that I was still picking up clothes that were to big for me. ( I had a hard time seeing myself as slimmer)
Anyway, have a great week

Robin said...

Don't be duscouraged - you had a great week! It will take a little while to notice, but they will - I promise! I remember losing a lot of weight once, I went to buy some new pants and I was astonished at the small size - in my mind I still seemed large. I kept thinking I needed a 14 when I really fit into a 10. Try not to let your mind decieve you - you are doing a good thing!