Monday, May 21, 2007

Dieting Destroys Sex Drive

My mood is much better after reading the following story I found on an UK site:
Dieting can lower a woman's sex drive and wreak havoc on relationships, according to a new survey.

The study found that half (49%) of females experienced a decreased libido after going on a diet.

Watching your calories can also put additional stress on a relationship as just under half (48 %) of women surveyed admitted to lying to their partner about their weight.
I just about laughed out loud when I read this news. The irony is not lost on me, because I always thought losing weight was supposed to improve your sex life.

I guess this falls into the damned if you do, damned if you don't category. On the other hand, there was one tid-bit mentioned in the UK article that makes me feel a lot better. Apparently, every British woman is believed to diet for 31 years on average.

At least I haven't been at it that long.

No comments: