Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Winning the Lottery

Despite several comments to the contrary, it really does seem (at least right now) that my weight loss efforts are like winning the lottery. Stepping on the scale is like buying that lottery ticket. I don't know whether or not I'm going to win or lose.

I'm doing all the things I'm supposed to be doing. I'm counting calories, keeping a journal, trying to get more active and drinking more water. But it's still like playing the lottery. I step on the scale and the results seem to have no bearing on the effort I've actually made to stay on plan.

Maybe I should stop worrying about it so much. Maybe I should just enjoy my vacation and worry about it when I get back.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I completely understand the "lottery" concept. It is a strange and unusual process, isn't it? I hope your vacation is going well! I may not post often, but I am here along side you through this weight loss journey...and we WILL make it to the end!!!!

Naturally Blessed said...

i think thats a decent approach....i tried to watch what i ate....but overall tried to enjoy myself. i doubt you can regain every single lb you've lost while away (well, maybe you could...but that would be major neglect)

hope you win while away too!

FatBlokeThin said...

Hi Oink,

I went mentalist (for pies that is...) on holiday and ate like a lunatic and only put one a pound or so... The scales can be a loving yet cruel mistress.

Just relax and enjoy yourself!

Thinking too much makes you fat.Lol :) I read that somewhere...

Chris H said...

I sure hope your holiday is going well and you have managed to stay on track with the diet! Hi by the way, just found your blog via another's.

marymc said...

Please, please, please, stop weighing yourself. It will only work against you. If you do a formal weigh-in (WW meetings) ask not to see the number. Follow your program, exercise daily...you will achieve your goal!

FatBlokeThin said...

Oink - you back yet??

I went running - YES REALLY!!!

Naturally Blessed said...

wahhh!!!! having withdrawal...when are you coming back? hope you had fun.......