Friday, June 8, 2007

Weekly Weigh-In #7

Well, it's Friday again, and time to report my results:
Weight       243.4 lbs (-2.2)
Body Fat 48.8 % (+0.5)
Body H20 37.3 % (-0.9)
Bone Mass 7.7 lbs (+0.3)
Muscle Mass 48.2 lbs (-2.7)
I'm down 2.2 lbs since last Friday's weigh-in, and down 0.6 lbs since Tuesday's weigh-in. I guess I can't complain too much about that. I've now lost a total of 13.6 lbs, which works out to be a tiny bit more than 5% of my original body weight. Yay!

I've obviously got to try and do more in the exercise department, though. Since I started my diet, I haven't seen much of a change in my overall body composition. My body fat percentage goes down, then it goes up again. When I started my body fat percentage was 49.8%, so it's only dropped by a single percentage point.

What I'd like to see is for the weight to go down, the body fat percentage to go down, and the lean muscle mass to go up all in the same week. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Right now I have to admit that I'm more focused on my total weight than my body composition. Seeing numbers drop on the scale is very gratifying, and I'm also aware that bio-electrical impedance analysis, the method our scale uses to measure body fat, is not the most accurate measurement.

I hope in the coming week I'll continue to lose. I've read that stress and weight gain are correlated, and we certainly have more than our fair share of stress at our house right now. It's looking like my SO's job might be at risk, I'm going to have to start working extra hours, The Kid is complaining of a sore throat (coincidentally summer school starts Monday) and we were supposed to go on vacation, but our car is in need of major repairs so we might not be able to go after all.

Can you spell stress?

I thought so.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You go girl! GREAT JOB!!! Glad to hear the great news.

Waaahooo!

:-)