Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Okay, Just Discouraged

In response to my post Frustrated Beyond Belief, Lady T left the following comment:
Oink, are you ok? it's unusual for you to be so "silent" on a weekday.....how are you doing?
I'm doing...okay. Sigh.

I haven't blogged much today or yesterday simply because I'm feeling like I'm at an emotional low tide. I figured if I blogged anything, it would be about how tired, frustrated and depressed I'm feeling, and nobody needs to read about that. If I keep writing about all things negative, pretty soon my blog will become known as the weight-loss pity party and nobody will stop by for that.

People like to read success stories. They like to read inspirational tales of struggle where forward progress is slowly being made. Setbacks are okay as long as the ending is happy. They don't like to listen to overweight and depressed women whine about the fact that their diets aren't working and their lives just generally suck.

I know it's important to try and see the bright side in everything, but I'm not always successful at doing so. I figure I'm better off to remain somewhat silent when things are going badly so that I don't write a bunch of spew and scare all my readers away. I'm plenty scary as it is, so I figure I don't need any more reasons to chase my readership off into the far realms of the blogosphere.

I do want readers. Maybe someday I'll get a book deal out of it.

Oh, too late. Another dieting blogger has already done that.

Well, I still want readers anyway. If I'm successful at my weight loss, maybe I'll start a new exercise cult like Richard Simmons did. Instead of Sweating to the Oldies, maybe I'll put together my own video entitled Pigs Sweat to the Oinkies.

2 comments:

FatBlokeThin said...

Hey Oink - life is full of ups and downs. It's only the downs that make us recognise what the ups look like!

A PRECIOUS HUMAN LIFE
"Every day, think as you wake up, today i am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all of my energies to develop myself. To expand my heart out to others: to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.I am going to have only kind thoughts towards others. I am not going to get angry, or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as i can." His Holiness The Dalai Lama

I love your blog (I even ripped off your stangly coloured weight thingy I loved it so much!). Forgive me??

In an unreal word, reality scores points with me - give it to us warts and all - we can take it!!

Naturally Blessed said...

whew!....i was thinking about searching gopher holes looking for you.

its discouraging....yes, but its real. its life. and losing weight is not all skipping down the nature trail and snacking on granola. we eat chips sometimes. we eat ice cream....we may go a whole week with the most physically exerting thing being getting out of bed....but thats how it is....

i echo fatbloke when he says "give it to us warts and all - we can take it"...it reminds us when we feel like stopping there are others out there who feel like it too.....there's strength in numbers.

if you dont like the road you're taking to get there (present diet) there are other roads.....hundreds of roads lead to fitness and health...just pick another one if you need to. just dont quit the journey

we fat people have to stick together....*wink*

blessings....