Tuesday, June 26, 2007

May Day Weight Loss Challenge Weigh-In #7

Today is week #7 in the May Day Weight Loss Challenge. At last, I have good news to report:

Weight: 243.6 lbs (-2.3)
Challenge Total: -6.2 lbs

While I'm still not entirely satisfied with that loss, it's at least better than what I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Truthfully, I don't know how to explain this week's loss any better than I could explain the last couple of weeks of gaining or not losing.

I'm not doing anything different.

Right now, I'm most definitely feeling like stepping on the scale is like buying a winning lottery ticket. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Either you get lucky and hit the jackpot, or you don't, but there's not a great deal you can do to affect the outcome.

Shrug.

Later this week I'll be going on vacation, so I may not post as often. I'm bringing an Internet-enabled cell phone, so I'll try to blog from the road, but I can't guarantee anything, as I'm not even sure where I'm going has cell phone or Internet coverage.

If you don't hear me, don't worry -- I won't have fallen down a gopher hole. I'll just be visiting my sister who lives in Nowheresville.

We'll see how the diet goes. Nowheresville is about 1,100 miles from where we live, so we'll have two days on the road. There will be three of us (me, SO and The Kid) jammed into the bench seat of my truck as we roll down the road with our RV. I'm hoping it will be fun, but two long days trapped in the truck with The Kid asking, "are we there yet?" every two minutes sounds less fun.

And, of course, vacations on a dieter's nightmare. My sister is a good cook and I'm sure she'll come up with all sorts of tempting treats. I won't be totally surprised if I gain everything back that I've lost.

We are taking our fancy scale with us. Hopefully that will keep things under control at least a little bit.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I don't believe that it is just the luck of the draw when stepping on the scale. Maybe if you chart out your exercise or activities you might find that you were doing a little more this week.

Either way, it's great that you are in the loss column and I am happy for you, hopefully you will have a wonderful trip and not gain while you are on it.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Jan b always has such wise words to offer. :-) I agree, it's not just luck, though there are some days it feels like that. I think writing everything down is a great idea. It helps us feel more accountable and can how us our weak areas. Taking the scale is a good idea, too. Hang in there!
http://mamabearshealth.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

Hang in there dear, you can do this.

Naturally Blessed said...

having just come from a vacation...i know how hard it is....but you've got more time invested so perhaps your new habits are more engrained.

i fell off the wagon a bit....but not totally....more like dragged behind the wagon...lol...but i am back up....climbed back on...and getting things back underway!

i'm up 1.5lbs but i attribute this more to water weight than actual fat....if i dont lose it in a few days then i'll know what the culprits were...i had a monster chocolate brownie (which quickly made me nauseas), 3 pieces of cake....and another 2 fudge brownies with ice cream.

they were all delicious and i dont regret them at all.....