Thursday, June 21, 2007

At Last, Progress?

At last I think I am finally starting to see progress in the right direction.

This morning's weight was down. Finally. I'm not going to post it since my next official weigh-in isn't scheduled until tomorrow. I'm worried that if I post it like I did last Thursday, I'll end up jinxing myself. What I will say is that I'm substantially down from Tuesday's lousy weigh-in, and I'm even down an tiny amount since last Friday's discouraging one.

As much as I hate to say it, I think last Thursday's great numbers weren't real. I think low batteries in my scale might have been the culprit.

Piffle.

Oh well, another day, another calorie not eaten.

I've been awake since the ungodly hour of 4:30 AM because I couldn't sleep. I woke up hungry and thirsty, my back hurt, and I had to go to the bathroom. I got up, did my business and had a drink of water, and at 5:30 I was still wide awake and decided I might as well get up and go to work. My boss just laid a huge project on my desk which has to be completed by October, and I expect I'll be putting in a lot of overtime until it's done. I can't complain too much -- when it's slow I get to work on personal projects and go home early and I still get paid anyway -- so it all works out even in the end.

But if I don't post quite as much, don't worry. Just imagine me chained to my desk, slaving away, with a huge looming deadline approaching.

There is one thing I'm starting to wonder about with regards to my weight loss, and that's the integrity of my joints. Before I started my diet, my joints never particularly bothered me, with the exception of my left knee, which would sometimes hurt if I did too much. Now that I've lost about 5% of my body weight, I'm noticing that all my joints are creaking, popping and aching a little bit. I find myself waking up in the morning with a sore back, which wasn't a routine problem before. It's not bad, and certainly not painful enough to send me scurrying to my doctor, but I thought that losing weight was supposed to be good for your joints.

No comments: