Thursday, July 19, 2007

Vegetation

This evening, we wandered out into the vegetable garden to see what was out there. We harvested a tomato, some squash, and a bunch of beets. We harvested a few string beans, but there weren't enough to really go around. We are cooking them up, just so we can each have a taste.

Boy, those beets were yummy. I'm the only one in the house who likes them, so they are all mine. Mine, I tell you!

Insert maniacal laugh here.

In hopes that my weight will be down tomorrow, we skipped our weekly trip to the hamburger restaurant. Instead, we got our favorite soup in to-go containers, and I had a bowl of soup with two large wedges of cantaloupe instead. The cantaloupe came from the CSA, and it was delicious.

Too bad there wasn't more melon. I ate the last of it.

I didn't really miss my hamburger all that much, either.

Liar!

Okay, I missed it a lot. But maybe I'll be rewarded on the scale tomorrow.

No comments: