Tuesday, July 17, 2007

May Day Weight Loss Challenge Weigh-In #10

Okay, here we are at week #10.

I'm still sore and tired from all the auto detailing I did on Sunday. At this point, I don't know which is worse -- the fact that I worked my body to the point of being crippled for several days, or the fact that I gained weight doing it.

I didn't set out to make myself this sore. I vacuumed, washed, and detailed my car, then I worked over my truck, which needed the carpet and upholstery shampooed. I didn't wax it, since it's going in for a minor paint repair soon. When I was finished with it, I decided to wash my next door neighbor's van. After that, I detailed a friend's extremely filthy car. Before I knew it, I had four sparkling vehicles and the day was completely gone. I was tired, but felt okay. The sore muscles didn't hit until the next morning.

So here's the news for May Day Weight Loss Challenge #10:

Weight: 237.8 lbs (-2.0 from last week)

My biggest frustration is that all that car cleaning put me up a pound from my lowest weight of the week. It doesn't seem fair that I was outside, working my rear off for the entire day and I gained weight. Still, I should be happy because I'm still down two pounds from last Tuesday and down one from Friday.

But still, I want that scale to go down every time I step on it!

I suppose that's how we all feel.

My SO went to see our family doctor for a checkup, and the doctor was pleased with the fact that SO has lost a whopping 25 lbs since we started dieting. I'm a little miffed, because the SO started discussing my diet with the doctor, too. I've given everyone who knows strict instructions not to discuss the fact that I'm dieting with anyone, so I'm a little peeved. At any rate, the doctor is apparently quite pleased that I'm losing weight as well, and said that 1,200-1,300 calories per day is right for me.

So I guess the good news (or bad, depending on how you look at it) is that all the starving I've been doing is right on target. A measly 1,200 calories a day leaves me feeling hungry a lot of the time, but at least it's what the doctor ordered. Now, when I have people telling me, "you really should eat more," I can at least feel satisfied in knowing that my doctor says what I'm doing is okay.

Of course being hungry a lot of the time just isn't much fun no matter how you slice it, even if it is what the doctor ordered.

I'm still waiting to notice a difference in the way my clothes fit, and my friends and family don't seem to be noticing that I'm losing weight either. I would have thought that at nearly 20 lbs gone, people would start noticing, but maybe I'm just so fat I'm going to have to lose 40 or 50 lbs before people start seeing the difference.

At any rate, I'm still here. I haven't given up yet, so that's good news in and of itself.

3 comments:

dancer-in-me said...

What do you typically eat in a day for 1200 calories? I eat any where from 1000-1200 and I feel satisfied most times. Maybe it is what you are eating that isn't filling you up right. I tend to eat things with lots of fiber or bulk to fill me up. Breakfast for me will be a higher fiber cereal or yogurt with granola and fruit. Lunch I eat a high fiber wheat hamburger bun, with 2 oz turkey or ham, ff cheese, lettuce, tomato, vinegar, and oregano with Farmland veggie cheddar chips. Dinner is usually 1 serving of pancakes with fresh blueberries syrup. I just take frozen blueberries and add splenda, nuke it and voila blueberry syrup. I also have 2 slices of turkey bacon, and hash browns. Snacks usually consist of grapes, banana's and yes sometimes I treat myself to a WW desert with a milk. I am usually very satisfied with this. Also dinner I eat lean cuisine or I make grilled chicken rice and veggies. You are doing great! Keep up the good work. I agree with Lady T. It is a built up of lactic acid and water retention. My weight is always up after I get some exercise in.

Donna said...

Hi Oinky

I think I'm on a similar journey to you (possibly a few weeks ahead of you). I've now been dieting for 6 months and have lost 42 pounds. I had a few weeks where it didn't come off, but I've just got it rolling again now. Some weeks whatever you do the scales will disappoint ... but do keep going, you're doing so well. I plan to read some back posts later.

I've two blogs (which you can find via my profile should you wish), an everyday, whatever comes to mind blog with my husband, and I have a fat blog too.

Donna xx

Denise said...

Hang in there sweety, you are doing good.