Thursday, July 19, 2007

Is No Post Better Than Grumbling?

I almost didn't post today because I'm feeling especially grumpy for several reasons:
  • My weight seems to be stuck again.
  • My SO has lost 25 pounds so far and gone down three pants sizes.
  • I've lost almost 20 pounds, and I'm not noticing any change in the way my clothing fits.
  • My SO "cheats" all the time.
  • I rarely cheat, and still don't lose weight.
  • My muscles are still terribly sore from the marathon car washing session we did last weekend.
Like I said, I feel especially grumpy today.

On the bright side, at least my weight loss woes are entertaining to someone. Yesterday, I went to play guitar, sing and tell stories at a senior daycare center where I volunteer. I usually will play a song or two, tell a story, and then play some more. Generally, the stories are anecdotes from my life, and this time I had people rolling on the floor laughing over my vacation misadventures (descriptions of getting fat me up on a horse) and the fact that I ate like a pig on vacation and lost 5 pounds, only to gain a pound after starving and washing cars all day last weekend.

I'm glad that my suffering at least brightened someone's day. That still doesn't make it very much fun for me.

1 comment:

FatBlokeThin said...

To be able to make people laugh is an incredibel gift, you should nto underestimated this!

I hope it also puts your situation into perspective!

I have had the same experience of eating loads and losing weight (I call it the Beef Wellington Diet!!lol!).

'Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.' Buddha