Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gifts You Don't Want

My sister is a fabulous cook.

She just sent a package from out of state which arrived today. Among the items for The Kid (including items she forgot and a new pair of shoes) was a plastic bag filled with home made chocolate chip cookies.

VLCD or no, I couldn't help myself. I ate four of them.

They were so good.

At least they were small.

But on one level, I wish my sister hadn't sent them at all. Not only is it temptation to completely blow my diet, it also makes me miss her all the more. I wish we could climb into my truck and head back there, now.

But we can't, for a variety of reasons, and I'm staring at the bag of cookies feeling so empty inside. I'm empty, not because I'm hungry, or even because I particularly want to eat them, but because I miss my sister who I have only seen a handful of times in the past 10 years.

1 comment:

Naturally Blessed said...

get those cookies away from you.....with you all emotionally vulnerable, you could easily eat the whole bag.

back away...back far away.

if you've already eaten them...then all you can do is wipe your mouth and make a better choice next time. that's what i say.