Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 33 - Worried About the Future

On Friday, The Wife and I spent about 13 hours chaperoning a school field trip for our daughter's school. It was a long day. We spent 3 hours on a bus, each way, plus 3 hours walking around a museum, and the rest of the time was spent at our two meal stops and loading/unloading the bus.

It wasn't a bad trip, but it was definitely a long trip.

I went off CD on Friday because I couldn't figure out a way to bring along the shakes and be able to mix them on the bus. Instead, I brought a sandwich and some healthy snacks. Dinner was an all-you-can eat buffet, but I made one trip through the buffet line and stuck mostly to salad.

Yesterday, I just couldn't get my head around having the shakes again, so I ate small amounts of normal food. I did give in and have a few cookies -- only four -- which is better than what I normally would have done. Normally, I would have eaten the entire box in one sitting.

But still the damage for two days of eating was pretty bad. Looks like I've gained about 3 lbs. Of course I won't know the official damage until Wednesday, when I have my weekly weigh in.

So this morning I'm back to the shakes again, and I had a very hard time choking down my strawberry shake. I found myself gagging as I tried to get it down. At one point, I nearly vomited.

ugh.

What I learned this weekend was that even moderate eating really sends my weight sky-high. Although there's no doubt I shouldn't have eaten the cookies, it's not like I had that many of them.

So I'm worried that I'll go to all this trouble to lose the weight, and I'll have to forever starve myself to keep it off.

Oh well, I'm trying not to think about it. Right now, I'm just trying to concentrate on getting the weight off in the first place.

No comments: