Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 26 - Having My Cake and Eating It Too

Yesterday we went up to visit my mother for the day. When we arrived, I discovered that she'd made my favorite cake in the world.

So naturally, I had some. In fact, I had quite a bit. Probably way more than I should have had.

But the thing is, I'd given myself permission (for the first time since I went on the diet) to eat as much, and whatever, I wanted.

So I don't feel at all guilty.

Will it negatively affect this week's weight loss?

Probably.

Do I care?

No.

Now it's not as though I don't care about my diet. I absolutely do care about it. I also realize, though, that there's no way I'm going to be able to stick to a very strict diet for at least six to nine months without having a break once in a while.

So I had my cake, and I ate it too. Today, I go back to the diet as if nothing happened.

I figure if I spend more days on plan than off, I'm bound to lose weight in the long run.

Of course I didn't step on the scale this morning. I really didn't want to know what the damage was. I'll stick to plan and weigh-in again on Wednesday.

No comments: