Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What a Difference 20 Lbs Doesn't Make

I want to extend my most heartfelt congratulations to Shannon, who made it to the 20 lbs lost mark this morning. Way to go, girl! I have to admit to feeling a little jealous of her, not because she made it to the 20-lb mark before me (I made it there last week) but because she seems to be feeling so much better than I am.

In her happy post Shannon wrote:

This morning when I woke up, I felt good before my feet even hit the ground. I love days like these....when everything falls into place :-)

I've had a lot of people tell me, "Oh, you'll feel so much better when you lose weight."

I'm still waiting.

I know I'm doing the things I'm supposed to be doing. I'm drinking water, increasing my activity level, and making a point to eat healthy, nutritious and low-calorie foods. I'm following the formula the way it's supposed to be followed, but I'm really not feeling any different.

I still wake up in the morning feeling stiff, sore and tired, which is pretty much the way I've felt every morning since I can remember. I have discussed this with my doctor, and she really doesn't have much to say about it. "You'll start to feel better when you lose weight," she's told me.

I wrote yesterday that I was still waiting to notice any visible, measurable signs that I've lost weight. I guess I'm still waiting notice the non-quantifiable signs as well. I wonder how much more I need to lose before I notice a difference. Will I have to lose another 10, 20, 50 lbs?

I don't know. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, thanks for the shout out, Oinky! I have faith that it will hit you soon.....being able to notice a difference....feeling different......seeing a difference. You know, you mentioned about waking up and feeling stiff, it makes me wonder if it might have something to do with your mattress? It may sound really stupid but it's a thought.

Naturally Blessed said...

mmmmhmmmm.....perhaps its the mattress. could it be depression? you haven't been sounding very perky for awhile. i understand that depression can make you feel tired and achy and sore.