Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In a Tizzy

I was hoping to have something witty, informative or helpful to say today, but I just can't come up with anything. We got some news yesterday about The Kid that is pretty disturbing, and we are trying to figure out what to do about it.

Basically, some "professionals" think that she needs to be placed in special education, and that she's mentally quite incapable.

The assessment runs counter to everything that I've observed in The Kid. Her current teacher, my friends and even my family think the results are basically crap.

I don't think this assessment is actually going to change the way we approach The Kid's education, but getting this kind of news is upsetting and stressful, even if it doesn't change what we are doing.

So I really don't have anything to write about that's weight-loss related, unless you care about the fact that I had yogurt and raspberries for breakfast and for lunch.

1 comment:

Naturally Blessed said...

whoa.....you know your child better than any professional does. you've raised her, you know good and well what she can do and is capable of.

so screw that. i like the approach of moving forward as planned vs letting one report by "professionals" change and dictate what you the true professional here knows is best for your child.

thoughts and prayers for you today.......