Friday, July 18, 2008

I Hate Kettle Corn

The Wife is sitting across from me, munching on a bowl of kettle corn. Kettle corn, for the unfamiliar, is popcorn coated in a candy glaze made of sugar or honey. It's tasty, and not as sweet as caramel popcorn.

The Wife is munching, and I want to scream at her.

She bought said kettle corn at the local farmer's market this afternoon. We went there to buy some produce (the peaches this year are fabulous) and while we were there, she spotted the corn. She had to buy a bag, so she bought a $5 monstrosity that probably has 10,000 calories in a bag.

Okay, well not 10,000 calories. I'm guessing at least 500.

"Uh, do you have to buy that? We are supposed to be on a diet." I said.

"Well I want it."

Ugh. So now I have to contend with the sound and smell of her smacking away. I want to eat some, not because I like kettle corn all that much, because it smells so good. Instead, I'll have a couple of peaches.

But The Wife is still smacking away at that corn. I'm telling myself, I hate kettle corn.

No, I hate The Wife. Why did she have to bring that stupid kettle corn home in the first place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally get your frustration. Especially since the one who loves you the most is sabotaging you. I recently wrote about the same thing on my blog ... so yeah, I get this!

Stay strong.

Sparkysparky said...

OK, so you probably hate me.

I make kettle corn a couple of times a week. And you're right, I'm a cruel and nasty person. Sorry! ;-)

See how it's done at the website:
Velma's "Wicked Delicious" Kettle Corn popcorn