Maybe it will make someone cry or shake their head... My response has been to do all three.
As I mentioned earlier, I recently posted an ad on Craigslist seeking new platonic friends. Now, just in case folks are confused on the concept, I included a link so you can look up the definition yourself.
Craigslist uses the following definition:
platonic: transcending physical desire
Okay, so if you looked either of the definitions, you probably understand that I'm looking for just a friendship. I even went so far as to put down in the ad that I wasn't looking for no-strings-attached sex, a friends with benefits situation, an illicit affair, etc.
I made it pretty darn clear I was not looking for sex in any shape or form.
I also mentioned a list of my likes, once of which included going for a drives in my car.
So, yesterday morning, I got an e-mail from a 32-year-old man who said he was looking for friends. If I was interested, shoot him a text message.
So I did.
In more or less sequential order, he told me:
- He's attracted to older women.
- He's attracted to fat women.
- He'd like me to take him for a ride in my car. (So far so good, right?)
- He'd like me to take him for a ride in my car naked.
- He'd like to come to my house and get naked. (Whoa, buddy, didn't you read the memo about the fact that I'm in a relationship and not looking for sex?)
- He'd like to watch TV naked with me, but I could keep my clothes on. (As if this makes it any better.)
- He'd like me to take pictures of him while he is naked.
- Would I mind terribly if he pleasured himself while I took those pictures?
- He liked my long hair. In fact, he liked it so well it made him aroused. (Okay, he didn't say it that nicely. Instead he described the state of his organ at that moment.)
I know, but would watching me get off be that bad?
I was still polite at this point, even though he probably deserved a slap upside the head. I told him that it was fine he has his little fetishes, but I didn't want to be the object of them. Then, I told him I had to go.
His final response? He apologized saying that he had just thought I could help make some of his fantasies come true.