Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 63 - Ow, ow, ow!

So this morning I'm hobbling around my house like I've been crippled.

Over the weekend, The Wife and I decided to plant a vegetable garden, and it involved much digging, bending, and crawling around in the dirt. It also involved running to our local home improvement store to buy paving stones. We bought about 70 of them, and had to carry each one from the driveway into the back yard.

While other people were enjoying fancy Easter dinners, I was busy digging in the back yard.

We started just before 8:00 AM and didn't finish until at least 5:00 PM, and we didn't really stop for lunch. We took a few rest breaks, but basically we were on our feet for the entire day.

The scary part is that we only got about half the yard done. We'll have to go back to the store and buy more stones to finish.

I went off Cambridge for the weekend because I knew I'd need the extra energy. Even with all the extra exercise, it didn't help my weight at all. My weight popped up yet again, and now I'm about 10 lbs higher than my low weight from a week ago.

I'm sure most of it is water weight gain, and I'm back on the shakes as of yesterday morning.

But boy I am sore. Even my muscles have sore muscles!

No comments: