Tuesday, September 4, 2007

May Day Weight Loss Challenge Weigh-In #17

Over the weekend, I gave myself permission to go on a "diet holiday." I didn't count calories, make good choices, or worry about anything. I just ate what I felt like eating, and drank what I felt like drinking. We hung out with some friends and I had beer, chips, BBQ, and ice cream.

It was a nice break.

My diet vacation was certainly visible on the scale, but I'm not going to post my weight this morning because I'm not sure that the readings my scale is giving me are even accurate. It's like watching a ping pong ball bounce all over the place.

So, I'm just not going to worry about it. Vacation is over, now I have to get back to work.

Now that summer is semi-officially over, I've got a lot of stressful stuff on my plate. This is the season of crunch-time at work, and I expect I'll be putting in some major overtime between now and the end of the year. I also expect we'll be running into more school-related challenges with The Kid, simply because she really doesn't like school, and would much rather sit and vegetate in front of the television than do anything else.

Wickedly, I solved the TV problem last month. We called our satellite TV supplier and cut the thing off. They couldn't believe it. I'd been a "good customer" for several years, and they wanted to know if we were switching to another satellite TV vendor, or going back to cable. When we told them we were just disconnecting all TV, the customer service representative didn't know what to say. Apparently, her script had no instructions for keeping customers who have decided to unplug themselves from the media world.

Anyway, I'm still here, still part of the challenge, and still moving forward. We'll see what happens next week.

4 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I'm with you...keep moving forward! And how funny about the satellite company and her not having a script!

tammi said...

Good for you, unplugging and unservicing your TV!!! We've talked about it before, but I believe my husband would go insane. My kids could handle it now in summer, but in the long, dark winter months when the snow is 2-feet deep everywhere but on the sidewalk, it's a lifesaver for ME!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Too funny about cutting off satellite. I've wanted to do that for so long, but I'm weak, as are the rest of my family! :-)

Today is another day to start making good choices! We all need a vacation when we don't monitor every little thing that goes into our mouth! ;-)
Path to Health

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Oh my gosh I couldn't live without my TV. I'm always impressed by the people who do it! Great job!