Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Ate My Weight In Corn

For breakfast: Carnation Instant Breakfast
For lunch: A bean, rice and cheese burrito
For dinner: Corn on the cob

I hate to think what damage I'm going to see on the scale in the morning, because I think I must have eaten my weight in fresh corn on the cob.

Last spring, we planted a vegetable garden. We are now harvesting corn.

The corn is really good. Unfortunately, our small field of corn is all ready to harvest at exactly the same time.

So of course we gotta eat it, right?

In my defense, I ate corn without butter or salt. It was delicious and so sweet it didn't need butter or salt. But I ate a lot of it.

A lot.

2 comments:

john - from fat to fit said...

I'm trying to imagine how much corn is a lot. I can eat a lot of anything, but I don't think I've had more than 3 large ears. So I would say 4-5 is a lot. Come clean - how many?

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Oh, there's nothing better than fresh corn. I grew up in Iowa and I'm pretty partial to that grown in Iowa! ;-) Corn is actually listed as one of the healthy foods to eat in an article I read in Prevention Magazine!
Path to Health