Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Size 16

This morning, for the very first time in probably over a decade, I put on a pair of size 16w jeans.

They fit.

This means that I'm down five sizes from the biggest pair of pants I found in my closet.  Five sizes.  It's hard to believe.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm probably pretty close to being able to fit back into some of my old clothes.  These are things that have been packed away for probably at least 15 years at this point.

I know, I know.  Who saves clothes for 15 years?

I did, because I was always eternally optimistic that eventually the weight would come off and I'd be able to wear them again.

I saw my doctor this morning for a follow-up visit on my thyroid.  He was pleased that I'd lost 12 pounds since my last visit, and he said I don't need to come back for any more follow-up.  If I need my prescription refilled, all I have to do is have the pharmacy contact him.

I'm very happy about that.  While my thyroid disease is not "cured," it's at least managed, and I feel 10,000 times better than I did two years ago.

Hooray for Armor Thyroid, that's all I can say.

Oh, and those size 18 jeans I used to wear?  I bought those in March.


No comments: