Saturday, February 7, 2009

Waiting for Doom

On Tuesday, I finally did it. I ordered a month's supply of the Cambridge Diet. Now I feel much like a prisoner waiting for his execution date. I know that very soon a brown, box-shaped truck will deliver a package, and I'll be eating my last supper for a while.

I suspect I won't be eating meals with the family for a while. I think it's going to be too hard to stick to the diet while watching them stuff their faces with food. It will only be for a few weeks, though, so hopefully it won't be too unbearable.

If this lady could lose 125 lbs in six months on Cambridge, I'm sure I can achieve similar results.

If I stick to the diet.

And to be honest, I guess that really is a big if, considering that every other diet I've tried has been unsustainable over the long haul. Sure, I've lot weight. I've never been able to keep it off, though, because the amount of food I can allow myself to eat to maintain my weight is far less than I like. To stay thin, I have to be hungry, and it gets pretty tiresome after a while.

But maybe six months of this will at least get me to a more desirable weight, and then I can try and figure something out when I get there.

1 comment:

Fiercest Calm said...

I just ordered the CD too. I've read that it may not be healthy to do long term, so I'm planning on trying it for a month or two. I also had my gallbladder out (July 08), and now it seems every food is my enemy. I'm hoping a liquid diet will settle things down. Good Luck!