Friday, January 29, 2010

Hmm, Maybe Not

Well the first couple of days of alternate day fasting were looking pretty promising, but this morning, things weren't looking so great.

I expect on my non-fasting days to see my weight go up. What I didn't expect was to see it skyrocket overnight. When I weighed in this morning, I'd gained 2.5 lbs.

That's not so good. I was especially surprised at such a big gain because I'd exercised for more than two hours yesterday. My Wii Fit estimated that I'd burned 915 calories for the day, so that should have been more than enough to offset my eating.

I guess not. I think I'll have to do this a couple of weeks before I'll be able to determine whether the overall trend is in the downward direction or not.

On January 1, I set a goal of weighing in and exercising every single day for a month. Assuming that I exercise tomorrow and Sunday, I will have achieved that goal.

I was going to give myself a reward for meeting the goal, but I can't think of anything I want.

For February, I have two goals in mind:
  1. Continue weighing-in and exercising daily.
  2. Stick to the alternate-day fasting regimen for the entire month.

No comments: