Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Far, So Good

So far, the Alternate Day Fasting seems to be working. Of course I've only been at it for a few days, but the initial results seem promising. On the days that I fast, I'm down about a pound and a half. On the days I eat, I've been up roughly half a pound.

The overall trend, at least, is downward.

We'll see how I feel about it after a couple of weeks on this program.

So far, the fast days haven't been super bad. I'll admit to being hungry -- very hungry -- but it's not as bad being on straight Cambridge because I know I won't have to be hungry tomorrow. The problem with the Cambridge shakes alone is that they don't taste very good, and if you are really sticking to the diet, you know that there's no break in sight.

Even when you switch to the plans that allow food, there are many things that are still forbidden, and you still go around being a little bit hungry all of the time.

I'll have to see if the trade off of being very hungry part of the time is better than being a little hungry all of the time.

But the initial results are promising, and it seems easier to stick to than the shakes alone.

No comments: