Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Look Great in 2008 (Week 9)

Although we are enjoying a small reprieve from the family crisis that has been brewing, things are going to heat up in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying not to worry, but it's hard not to, because not only are we worried about what will happen with The Kid, I'm also worried about the way things are going at work. They are expecting lots of overtime out of me, and I'm struggling to find the energy to do my work with the vastness of our family crisis looming.

Yesterday was my birthday. The Kid was sick, so we canceled my party. She felt better at dinner time, so we went out, but I'm teetering on the edge of a cold myself. The food tasted like cardboard. I didn't have a cake, see my family, or have any wrapped gifts to open. The SO had already given me my gift a few days before, and my mother mailed a birthday card with a check.

But I guess it's all just as well. I lost a pound this week. My weight was 230.2 lbs this morning, so that's something worth celebrating. At this point, I'll take small victories where I can find them.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

Small victories are great! 1 lb is 4 sticks of butter gone! Great job and happy belated birthday.