Thursday, February 7, 2008

Absent, but not Forgotten

It's been quite some time since I've updated this blog, mainly because I've been overwhelmed with some pretty negative life events. I can't go into details, but it all involves The Kid.

Needless to say, the stress has been over-the-top lately, and my diet efforts have pretty much stalled.

The good news: I didn't gain back all the weight I lost before all of this started.

The bad news: I'm a few pounds higher than my lowest weight.

So really, it's mostly good.

Over the years, my family has often given me checks of various sizes for gifts. For the longest time, I've just plopped that money in a bank account, saving it for a rainy day. No single check was really large enough to buy something noteworthy, so I just kept saving it, hoping I'd eventually have enough for a big-ticket item.

Well, I finally spent some of my hoarded money. I bought a Bow Flex home gym from a big box discount store.

It was expensive, though not as costly as the gyms sold online. It was a pain in the ass to put together. Now that it's up an running, I like it.

We'll see how much my muscles like it...

1 comment:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

That's cool about the bow flex! Glad to hear you didn't gain all your weight back.
Path to Health