Friday, November 2, 2012

Hooray! I am Obese!

Back in May of 2007, I blogged about the fact that I was morbidly obese.

Today, I am happy to say that I am just obese.

Now I'm just barely obese, because my BMI calculated at 39.9, which is just one tick below the threshold of 40, which is considered morbidly obese.

I know it seems like a weird thing to be happy to be obese, but given that I've now lost a total of 43.6 lbs, that's a victory.

I've been staring at the cutoff for a few weeks now, hovering in frustration.  Now, I finally made it, which feels good.  My next goal, of course, is to get down to 163, which will put me in the overweight category.  That's another 55 pounds from now.

It seems like a long way off.

I have finally seen some measurable results of my weight loss, which makes me feel very happy.  A few days ago, I noticed that I could fit into some pants I was never able to wear.  Those pants were two sizes smaller than the ones I had been wearing.

The jeans I had been wearing were getting pretty darn loose, so I ordered four pairs of jeans and they came a couple of days ago.

Guess what?

They fit!

I didn't even have to do the extreme gut-suck to get them on!

So, I'm now wearing pants that are two sizes smaller than the ones that I could barely wear at my high weight.

That's progress.

No comments: