Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Slogging Along

This week, I feel like I'm slogging through mud. I've been extremely tired, and I've really felt like I've had to struggle through my workouts. I've been doing Couch to 5K with an Internet buddy, and because of various things going on in her life, she's gotten a bit behind on the runs.

I'm running a holding pattern (basically repeating week 7) while she's catching up. On Monday, I walked for 5 minutes, jogged for 25, and then walked the rest of the way home. Total workout time was about 39 minutes or so, and I really struggled. I wanted to give up every step of the way, but I didn't.

This morning, we walked for 2.29 miles, and it seemed like a real struggle. I came home all hot and sweaty, even though I only averaged 2.69 MPH.

Everything is just so darn difficult. My legs are so sore that I hobble around the house like a cripple in between workouts.

Why is this so hard?

In the weight loss department, I'm slowly losing. It just seems so frustrating, though. I feel like I have been dieting forever, and I haven't made all that much progress. The bulk of the weight I've lost so far was right after I started thyroid medication, and since the beginning of September my weight hasn't really changed all that much.

I'm trying to work up to walking three miles a day on my non-running days, but most mornings I don't really have that much energy. I'm tired all the time.

Oh, and get this: the doctor I saw last week said that fatigue is not a symptom of being hypothyroid. I call bullshit.

No comments: