Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Dead Than Alive

Well my diet progress came to a screeching halt back in April.

The Kid has been acting out in ways that are almost too incredible to believe. She's now just a month shy of her 14th birthday, and has decided that hitting, kicking and making threats of great bodily harm is an okay way to behave towards her parents.

Since we've been dealing with The Kid's increasing drama over the past six months or so, The Diet has definitely taken the back seat on my priority list.

This has been, without question, one of the worst summers of my life. We weren't able to take a vacation this year for a variety of reasons, including a lack of money, very little vacation time, and The Kid's absolutely horrible behavior. I feel like I'm watching my life turn into a never-ending soap opera of horrors.

At the moment, I'm going through the motions of my existence more dead than alive, but I am still here, and I'm going to try and get back the ground I lost over the past few months.

No comments: