Thursday, May 23, 2019

Down 16


As of this morning, I am down 16.1 pounds.  

In my hall closet, I have over 100 pounds of beans.  I bought them earlier this year when I learned that my favorite local bean distributor was closing.  I figured I'd stock up, as I'm not sure I'll be able to buy them anymore.

I was talking to The Boyfriend this morning and I asked him to pull several bags of beans out of the pantry, where I have them stored.  When he had handed one ten-pound bag and three two-pound bags, I hefted them in my arms and handed them back.

"That's how much weight I've lost," I told him.

"You are thinning down," he replied.

The scale is showing results -- there's no doubt there.  Yet, when I look in the mirror, I can't see any difference.  I notice a small change in the way my jeans fit, as they are looser in the thigh, but they aren't exactly falling off me.  My current pants are snug enough that I still have a pronounced muffin top.

My walking partner, who I see almost every day, except when it's too cold or raining, told me this morning that she thought I was slimming down as well.

I just can't see it with my own eyes.

I'll be interested to see how long it takes before people I know (who don't know I am dieting) see a difference.

I did get "caught" the other night, though.  When I had to go to a meeting where they were serving hamburgers, I didn't eat anything.  One of my friends from the group texted me after the meeting and asked if anything was wrong.

I was partially truthful.  I told her everything was fine (questionable honesty, since I was hungry and really wanted one of those burgers) and that I was overwhelmed with stuff that's going on at work (100% truth!) as they are adding more and more items to my to-do list.  

She seemed satisfied.

No comments: