Sunday, May 19, 2019

Down 15

As of this morning, I'm down 15 pounds from my restart weight.

I look in the mirror, and I don't think I see much difference.  The Boyfriend claims my butt is smaller.  I'm not sure I see it, but I do notice the difference in the way my pants fit.  My jeans seem looser in the thigh, and I don't have to stuff my fat stomach into my jeans and jump up and down to get the zipper up.

Progress?  I guess so.  Not too bad considering I've been doing this for three weeks, and I had one cheat weekend where I went camping with friends and ate food instead of meal replacement shakes.

A few days ago, I got an email offering more diet shakes at a discount, due to an upcoming Memorial Day sale.  I'm trying to decide how much longer I want to stay on the shakes.  Originally, I'd figured 12 weeks.  Then I thought I ought to go for 12, to really kick start things.

Now, at the rate I'm going, I'm thinking perhaps I ought to go longer.  So far, I've lost an average of 5 pounds a week.  If I hang in for 6 months, then I'd be done.

The Boyfriend hates me on the shakes.  He misses eating meals with me.  Quite honestly, I miss it too.  Last night, we were hanging out having a bonfire and he brought two plates of meatballs out -- one for him and the other for our roommate, Guitar Buddy.  The smell drove me crazy, and I mooched two -- one from The Boyfriend and one from Guitar Buddy (who was contemplating tossing one of our dog!) -- and they were good.

Ended up skipping my shake and having a small glass of red wine, instead.  I know I "shouldn't" have, but boy it was good.


No comments: