Thursday, October 28, 2021

As Time Goes By

 Here it is, more than two years since I last posted.  Much has happened:

  • My weight still sucks.  I've been up and down, and I'm back on a diet again.  This time, I'm doing OMAD (One Meal a Day) with delivered recipes and ingredients from a food delivery service making up at least 50% of my meals.  I'm trying to choose the healthier, low calorie selections.
  • My current weight is 231.3 lbs.  My BMI is 42.3; I am still morbidly obese.
  • My roommate, who I previously called Guitar Buddy, moved out at the end of July.  
  • I am still with The Boyfriend.  This December, we will have known each other for nine years.
  • COVID put The Boyfriend out of work, and he hasn't worked in well over a year and a half.  My job is completely insane, as it always has been, so we are managing fine.  Since I've been working a lot, The Boyfriend has completely taken over the housework and most of the cooking.  
  • My mother (with whom I have a very troubled relationship) was diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer in 2018.  She was briefly treated with immunotherapy and radiation, which has held the cancer at bay for about 3.5 years.  At her most recent PET scan, they detected new (suspected cancerous) activity in her liver and colon.
  • My sister (from whom I have been estranged since 1998) is coming to town next month.  My mother, as one of her dying wishes, wants me to come up and visit.  She has also asked that I leave The Boyfriend at home.  I see this visit as potentially fraught with peril.  I've blogged about my not-so-loving family before.
Maybe I'll start blogging again.  Maybe I won't.  There's a lot of fodder, for sure.

No comments: