Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Countdown to Divorce.

Oh good grief.

It's the middle of October already.  How did that happen?  Last time I posted, it was the end of August. How did so much time go by?

Well I'm still wrestling with the same few pounds I was in August.  Down 2, up 1, down 1, up 3.  Frustrating.  I'm hovering in this 6lb window that I can't seem to get out of.  Up, down.  Up, down.

Quite a bit has happened in the last few weeks.

The Wife and I are getting divorced, though I think you already knew that.  She told me this in July.  Then she told me she didn't want a divorce.  Then she did.  Then she didn't, but she couldn't see any alternative.  Two weeks ago, in our therapy session, she took off her ring.

Then she put it back on.

So here's the reality: We are waiting until The Kid's 18th birthday and then one of us will be filing for divorce.

Now I want to say that I don't think The Wife is a bad person.  What I will say is that she's done a great many things both recently and over the years, that make me realize that this relationship isn't sustainable.

So now we are on a countdown to divorce.  Unless something dramatically changes, I expect to be filing for divorce on October 14, 2013.  That's exactly one year from today.

From now on, this blog will be about a great deal more than just weight loss.  It's going to be about transforming my life so that I can be successful and happy.  It will be about living with my STBX (soon-to-be-ex) for a year.

And once the divorce is done, it will be about trying to find true love in my late 40s.

I'm taking a very deep breath.

No comments: